Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 7, still working on this 5K distance thing.

I waited until yesterday evening to run, and it's definitely harder than getting it over with early in the morning.  There are advantages to getting it over with early - I don't have to worry about it the rest of the day and it frees up my evening, but it's tough when I have to scramble to get ready for work afterwards.


This is week 7 of the C25K.  I was supposed to go 2.75 miles last night, but didn't quite make it due to thunder.  I looked at the map again, and I think it was 2.68 miles.  It took me 32.37(about a 12 minute pace), but that doesn't seem so bad with the high humidity we had.  I can't wait to run in the fall!

I have this love/hate relationship with running.  I love the way it makes me feel after I'm done, and I love losing the weight, but that first mile is a bear - every time.  I keep expecting it to get easier, but it really hasn't.  Maybe that's because I'm still increasing distance.  Just when I get used to one week of training, it gets bumped up.  I may not be the most graceful runner, or the fastest runner, but I'm out there doing it.

I'll finish C25K on Saturday, August 13th.  What to do after that?  I think my plan will be working on increasing mileage and adding hill workouts, etc. to prepare for the 1/2 marathon training.

I've lost 33 pounds so far! 

No comments:

Post a Comment