Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running in the heat

Today is going to be HOT.  I knew when I went to bed last night that my run today would have to be in the morning or I wasn't going to make it.  I had class last night, and then Mark and I got into a discussion about politics, so I went to bed too late.

The alarm went off at 5:50 a.m., and I debated about getting up.  Cat to the rescue - he wanted his treats and to be let outside, and he was not about to let me ignore the alarm clock.  Whoever thinks animals can't communicate has never lived with them.  He starts with meowing, and if that doesn't work, he moves on to paws, and eventually to a light tap with the claws.  Ugh. 

I was glad that I did the run this morning once I got going.  It was already warm and humid, and it was only 6:30.  This was week 6, day 2 of C25K, running for 1 mile, walking 1/4 mile, running 1 mile.  I did it!!  Every time I complete a run, I feel like I accomplished something and it's such a great feeling.

I got on the scale this morning to a wonderful surprise - I have lost 30 pounds so far!!!!  I'm so excited!  I am going shopping for new clothes on Saturday, since my work clothes are getting baggy and I don't have many casual clothes that fit.  My husband's suggestion to use a safety pin or duct tape probably isn't appropriate for a law office! 

No comments:

Post a Comment