Monday, July 25, 2011

I ran 2.25 miles!

I completed my longest run yet on Saturday, 2.25 miles.  I was up and out the door before 8:00 a.m., because it was another hot day and also a busy one. 

I learned a few things during this workout: 
1) flies fly faster than I run. 
1(a) bug repellent is washed off by sweat. 
2) it's important to hit the bathroom just before going on a run.  Otherwise, bouncing up and down and drinking water eventually create a situation where I am running and doing a potty dance like my kids used to do.  Hopefully the neighbors were still sleeping.  I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it home in time! 
3) it's much harder to convince my mind than it is to convince my body.  The last half mile was a bit of a struggle, and I wasn't sure if I would make it.  But once I finished, I felt great! 

This was a good weekend.  I'm only four pounds away from my next milestone - almost 35 pounds lost!  Even when the scale doesn't move that much, I can see the difference in how my clothes fit.  If anyone had told me two months ago that I would happily be getting up extra early just to squeeze in a run, I wouldn't have believed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment