Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Preparing for my first 5K!

I started following the Whole New Dad program to prepare for a 5K about seven weeks ago now.  I know, I'm not a dad, but it made a lot of sense to me to start off very slowly and work my way up.  It was even more gradual than the Couch to 5K program.  Now I'm on the equivalent of week six of C25K.

I work full time, go to law school part time, and I have three kids.  With this crazy schedule, I never really expected I would be able to stick with it, but here I am.  I train three times a week and I've signed up for my first race.  I look back on how far I've come and I'm proud of myself.  I love the supportive running community at http://www.dailymile.com/, and I love tracking my progress.  I love running!

So far, between exercising and working with a nutritionist that my amazing sister is treating me to, I have lost almost 30 pounds (in less than two months)!  I have a long way to go, but what a fantastic journey this has been already.  I have changed years of bad habits and I'm healthier than I have been in a long time.  My goal is to continue to work on my running, complete my 5K in September, and then do a 1/2 marathon in April in NYC! 

I'm working to continue my positive mindset and stick to the training.  I'm fortunate to have such supportive family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment