Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflecting on my progress and also looking towards the new year!

I did a three mile treadmill run this week with my fastest pace ever - 10:16 minute miles!  After running with my sister during the Christmas weekend, I realized that I can definitely speed up the training runs, and I'm going to have to do that if I want to reach my sub-30 5K goal.  I will just have to ignore my brain when it tells me that I'm going to die if I go any faster!

Looking back on my progress, I feel pretty happy about how far I've come.  I've lost 58 pounds so far.  I've run almost 250 miles.  I've improved my speed by about 3 minutes per mile.  The best part of all of this is that I am healthier and happier than ever.  I've learned so much about mental toughness and challenging myself.  Running is an amazing gift that my sister gave to me.  She got me started and I can't imagine going back to a sedentary life, full of excuses for why I didn't have time to exercise.

My goals for 2012: run a sub-30 5k, finish a half marathon, log at least 60 miles a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment